Salaries are competitive with other suburban programs, adjusted annually, and include adjustment for Philadelphia city wage tax.
Salaries for current year: June 24, 2019 to June 23, 2020
- PGY 1: $59,321.60
- PGY 2: $61,110.40
- PGY 3: $62,940.80
- Resident Chief receives an additional $1,000 to salary
- Resident Co-Chief receives an additional $500 to salary
Health: A flexible benefits plan is available with several choices, including a medical plan with the following options:
- Capital Blue Cross
- You can also choose a dental plan and vision coverage.
Life: Four coverage options are available:
- $10,000 in coverage
- One times your annual pay
- Two times your annual pay
- Three times your annual pay
Disability: Long-term disability is available.
Professional Liability (Medical) Coverage: Coverage is provided for residency-approved activities.
Employee Assistance Program
Credit Union: Available
Each resident is given annual leave as follows:
- First Year: 3 weeks
- Second Year: 4 weeks
- Third Year: 4 weeks
- Sick Days: 10 days per year
CME (Continuing Medical Education) With the approval of the program director, each resident is given time to attend medical, resident organization and research meetings. The resident is given three days/PG year and is reimbursed up to a budgeted amount for travel and expenses.
- First Year: $500
- Second Year: $1,000
- Third Year: $2,000
In lieu of a conference allowance, the program will reimburse for texts and journals up to $500 in the first year.
Residents are responsible for their own housing. All levels of accommodations are available within the surrounding areas.
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Meals are provided while on duty
- Three (3) embroidered physician coats and laundry service
- National holidays are given as additional days off. If on call during a holiday, an additional day off will be given
- BLS and ACLS courses
- Pennsylvania medical training license fees
- AAFP membership dues for all three years
- Option to contribute to a tax sheltered annuity