Billing & Insurance
Let us assist you.
Your procedure is over, your stay with us has ended, but now you may have additional paperwork to fill out. We can help. From forms and financial questions to working with Medicare or your insurance provider, Chestnut Hill Hospital is as passionate about assisting patients with what happens after a medical procedure or emergency as with the care that occurs during it. Use the information in this section to help the billing and payment process go smoothly.
Special Note: For a list of insurances accepted by Chestnut Hill Hospital's Tower Health Medical Group practices, please visit our Tower Health Medical Group, Chestnut Hill Hospital page.
Chestnut Hill Hospital accepts most major insurance providers, including:
- Capital Blue Cross – Blue Card Program Only
- ChoiceFund OA Plus
- Open Access Plus
- OA Plus
- ChoiceFund OA Plus with CareLink PPO
- Choice Fund PPO Network
- Aetna Better Health
- Keystone First
- UHC Medicaid
- UPMC Community Health Choices
- UPMC for You HMO
Plans Offering Drug Coverage
Plans without Drug Coverage
- Cigna-HealthSpring Advantage HMO
- Keystone 65
- Preferred Medical Only HMO
- Select Medical Only HMO
- United Healthcare AARP Medicare Complete
Special Needs Plans
- Achieve HMO (C)
- Total Care HMO
- Traditions HMO (I)
- Gateway Health Medicare Assured
- Keystone First VIP Choice HMO
- United Healthcare
- AARP Medicare Complete
- UHC Dual complete
- UHC Group Medicare Advantage Plans
- UHC Assisted Living Plan (PPO)
- UHC Nursing Home Plan
- UPMC for Life Dual HMO
- Aetna Better Health Kidsssss
- IBC CHIP
- Keystone HMO CHIP
- UHC CHIP
- UPMC for Kids
- Independence Blue Cross (Tier 1)
- Keystone HMO Platinum
- Keystone HMO Gold
- Keystone HMO Gold Proactive (tiered network plan)
- Keystone HMO Silver
- Keystone HMO Silver Proactive (tiered network plan)
- Keystone HMO Bronze
- Personal Choice® PPO Platinum
- Personal Choice PPO Gold
- Personal Choice PPO Silver
- Personal Choice PPO Silver Reserve
- Personal Choice PPO Bronze
- Personal Choice PPO Bronze Reserve
- Personal Choice PPO Catastrophic
- UPMC Health Plans
- Tower UPMC Advantage Bronze
- Tower UPMC Advantage Silver
- Tower UPMC Advantage Gold
Contact Patient Billing at 833-341-5485 if you have questions about accepted insurance providers.
Understanding Your Financial Responsibility
When you are scheduled for a doctor’s appointment or other test, study or procedure at any of our Chestnut Hill Hospital locations, the representative who checks you in will enter information needed for your patient chart, and to help us bill your insurance. At this time, we will:
- Discuss your portion of the financial responsibility. We will let you know how much your co-pay and deductible will be for the service we will be providing.
- Discuss any past-due balances you may have with Chestnut Hill Hospital.
- Discuss payment options for your co-pay, deductible and any past-due balances.
There are several payment options available to you at the time of registration. They include credit card using our secure card swipe at your point of service registration, or you can pay with a check, money order or cash.
If you cannot pay the patient responsibility portion of your bill, one of our patient financial service representatives will speak to you about options. This may include a partial payment at the time of service and arranging a payment plan.
We have answers to your questions.
What's the billing process?
We'll bill your insurance company in a timely manner and do everything we can to expedite your claim. But remember, payment is ultimately your responsibility. If we bill your insurer, and after 30 days the account is not taken care of, we'll look to you for final settlement of your bill.
You can pay your bill online here.
Otherwise, we accept:
- Money order
- American Express
Have your patient number and date of the hospital visit in question handy, and contact: 833-341-5485.