Diabetes & Endocrinology
Welcome to Chestnut Hill Endocrine, Metabolic & Diabetes Associates, a specialty practice for people with all types of diabetes. Whether you have just been diagnosed with diabetes or have lived with it for many years, we can help.
Diabetes is an extremely complex disease that can have devastating effects on many of the body's systems if not managed properly.
Conditions We Treat
Diabetes is a complex disease that requires complex treatment. Beyond medical management of blood sugars, the Diabetes Center offers a complete menu of services to anyone with diabetes.
Individual education and counseling are crucial for many diabetics, who may need help learning to make decisions about their care, check blood sugars, take medication, or lose weight.
We offer the following services:
- Diabetes medical care, including a comprehensive history and physical, and an individualized treatment plan
- Changes in medicine as needed to improve blood sugars
- Training in monitoring blood glucose
- Insulin pump evaluation, training and management
- Hemoglobin A1C, blood glucose and urine protein testing on premises
- Insulin starts and training in insulin use
- Group and individual diabetes education
- Individual meal planning
- New therapies like continuous glucose monitoring that can look at all blood sugars for 72 hours
Our Diabetes Center team includes board-certified endocrinologists, Certified Nurse Practitioners, diabetes Clinical Nurse specialists, and registered dietitians who specialize in diabetes nutrition counseling. Together, they teach patients how to manage the three main areas affecting blood sugar: food, exercise, and medicine.
If you've been diagnosed with diabetes, prediabetes or gestational diabetes, we want you to know that with education and careful management, you can live well. Our diabetes education program features interactive discussions about current issues impacting people with diabetes.
Each session is led by certified diabetes educator and insulin pump specialist Kirsten Puskar, MS, RDN, LDN, CDE. Small group size allows participants to get more personalized attention and answers to their specific concerns.
No registration required. Walk-ins welcome.
12:15 - 2 p.m.
Center on the Hill, 8855 Germantown Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19118
For more information, call 215-248-8030.