The idea that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure is no more true than with breast health. While self-examination is recommended for all women, Chestnut Hill Hospital also offers a variety of diagnostic services that can help identify breast issues before they become larger health problems. From mammography to biopsies, we are dedicated to keeping women healthy, educated and informed with regard to the health of their breast tissue.
Our breast health team includes a board-certified surgeon, radiologist, medical oncologist, radiation oncologist, reconstructive surgeon, therapists, support from our Cancer Center (social worker, national clinical trials, current resources) and our breast health coordinator.
Your breast health coordinator will facilitate communication and scheduling among all care providers, streamline scheduling process for additional studies, breast biopsies and physician appointments and assist with access to support services. Your doctor will be informed of all results and diagnoses.
- 3D Mammography
- Digital mammography with computer-aided detection and lower radiation
- High-resolution breast ultrasound
- Breast evaluations for patients at high risk due to family history or prior cancer
- Minimally invasive diagnostic breast biopsy procedures using ultrasound and stereotactic guidance
- Quick turn-around time on diagnostic testing and scheduling for biopsies
- Individualized breast self-exam instruction
- Consultation with a surgeon within 48 hours for patients with positive breast biopsies.
- Second opinion consultation
- Consultation for reconstructive surgery
Amanda Woodworth, M.D. Surgeon
Gail Linberg, R.N. Nurse navigator
To schedule an appointment for a mammogram, breast ultrasound or breast MRI, please call (215) 248-8400.
For more information, please contact: Gail Linberg, R.N. (215) 248-8084